Translate

4/14/11

Margarita Ice Cream

Today I am a little bit excited to have found this specific little dessert!! Our friends Mindy and Mike love Margarita's and we often go to dinner with them to a local haunt here in our little town to enjoy them.   So I am looking forward to their next visit to serve them this "find".   Bet they love it. 


So while tuned in to one of my two favorite cooking shows, The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, she whipped up this dish.  I had everything except the cream and so I put it on last weeks grocery list and made it up yesterday.


It was easy, it tastes great, has a lovely consistency, and I would give it a for sure "10" on my spring dessert list.  I expect I will keep this made up and in my freezer most of the coming months as I can see it coming in very handy.


So here is my version:

1/2 C. fresh squeezed lime juice
2 T. gold tequila
3 T. Triple Sec
1 1/4 C. powdered sugar
2 C. cold heavy whipping cream


Pour the lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and powdered sugar into a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.

Add the cream and whip carefully watching until you achieve and soft mounding, smooth, but NOT stiff mixture.

Spoon into an airtight container to freeze overnight.  This ice cream does not need ripening (softening before serving), as it will not freeze to hard and melts speedily and voluptuously.  Garnish with a thin slice of lime or candied lime peel.

It is really good.


No comments: