Translate

9/2/13

Jeweled Cream Cheese Drop Cookies, Easy and Delicious!

I almost used Halloween sprinkles but decided I was too early.  Use what ever you like!
I like a cookie to taste terrific, look great, and be the least time consuming and difficult as possible.  Probably because I have always made a lot of cookies, am an avowed cookie monster, and rarely buy a packaged cookie!

When I spotted these on  http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/rainbow-sprinkle-cream-cheese-cookies/  my interest was peeked.  She adapted from "The Kitchn" and I have adapted her recipe to suit my purposes.  Don't we all?

This is a very flavorful soft on the inside yet crisp on the outside cookie.  Yes, the little ones like sprinkles and this is much less trouble than cut out cookies and look terrific.  One observation is the cookie in the picture I first saw appeared very flat and I had intended to make ice cream sandwiches.  They turned out not to be flat and too thick so when I make these again I will flatten them a bit with the end of a glass dipped in sugar, sprinkles, or whatever I am using to decorate them.  I did not make ice cream sandwiches with these but popped a pumpkin pie in the oven to top with my ice cream as a second dessert.  These are going to be just fine served on their own!

Ingredients for Jeweled Cream Cheese Drop Cookies:

1 1/3 C. flour
1/4  t. baking powder
1/2  t. kosher salt
8 ounce package softened cream cheese (1 C.)
1 stick soft butter (1/2 C.)
1 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 lg. egg
sprinkles (I used lots.)

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.

Fit the paddle attachment to your electric mixer and beat the cream cheese and butter on low for about 1 minute.  Add the sugar and mix 2 minutes until light and fluffy.

Scrape the sides of the bowl often.  Add the vanilla and egg and beat to combine.  Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until just combined.   Do not over mix.   Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.

The dough softens and gets sticky as it warms, I set back in the refrigerator between batches.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line baking sheets with sil-pat mats or parchment paper.  Add about  2-3 T.  of each color or variety of sprinkles you have chosen to a shallow dish.  Keep sprinkle jar handy to add more if needed.

I sprinkled on with my fingers,  rolled with a spoon, and they were jewels in no time flat!
Scoop up rounded tablespoons of dough and form into balls----they do NOT have to be perfect----this dough is sticky----you can wet your hands VERY lightly.  Drop into the sprinkles and coat on all sides.  Place on baking sheets leaving 2" between each cookie.

Next time I will flatten a bit with the end of a glass dipped in the sprinkles.
Bake 12-14 minutes until set and lightly golden on the bottom.

These are as tasty as they are pretty.
Cool ON the baking sheet for 10 minutes then remove to racks.   Yield 2 1/2 dozen cookies.



1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

carpet steam cleaning Sydney
End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction