Translate

9/3/13

Peach Cake with Boiled Coconut and Walnut Icing. (4 ingredients scratch cake)

Dense and moist with bits of peach inside the cake and this wonderful walnut and coconut icing, delicious.
I did not make Brian his favorite German Chocolate Cake this year.  It makes a huge cake and it just hasn't worked out.  When I saw this recipe it reminded me of one my friend Terry Brown used to make and the icing is right up Brian's alley so I thought I couldn't go wrong.  I anticipated Brian would love it based on the ingredients and the frosting.  Turned out I was right!

I had half dozen fresh peaches and used them all.
Ingredients for Peach Cake:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously butter a 9"x 13" dish.  This recipe goes FAST!

1 large can of peaches, drained an mashed or 2 regular cans or the equivalent of fresh peaches
2 C. flour
2 C. sugar
2 t. baking soda

Mix all of these ingredients together well and pour into a prepared baking dish.  Bake 35-45 minutes until it is done in the center.  Cool in the pan.

Ingredients for Boiled Coconut and Walnut Icing:

3/4 C. sugar
3/4 can (regular size) evaporated milk
1 stick of butter
1 C. coconut
1 C. coarsely chopped walnuts.

Boil all of the ingredients except the walnuts until thickened.  Remove from the heat.  Stir in the nuts and spread while warm atop the cooled cake.


Delicious! Fast, and Easy................who could ask for anything more?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems we are learning from each other, I have tried several of your recipes, and this will be another, I have never heard of boiled coconut icing before but this cakes sounds like it will be good. I will have to use canned peaches, no fresh peaches yet, lots of berries coming down from Queensland which are so nice to have after winter.

Unknown said...

We had this today and loved it. I hope you like it too. We are just going into fall here. We are direct opposites!

Sue said...

The batter is too thick to pour and you could not use fresh peaches as you need the juice for the batter. Save the juice after you drain the peaches and use about a fourth of a cup to the batter.