Translate

6/7/10

Fried Chicken Supper

A week ago my middle son Mike added to my Lodge cast iron collection by giving me a huge, must be 24" w skillet and asked for fried chicken!  His youngest Katie stayed here a couple of days last week and rounded out the menu by ordering up mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob.  Sounds like an old time Sunday menu to me!

I marinade chicken I am going to fry overnight in buttermilk and hot sauce.  I just shake the hot sauce in until it turns the buttermilk light pink.  The chicken does not taste of hot sauce.  Then I drain the chicken and coat it with self rising flour I have seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.  When the oil is hot I cook the chicken about 16-17 minutes covered with a lid and I turn it 2-3 times and then I drain it on paper towels.

By the way we did have a large tossed salad too and I used cucumbers and bell pepper from our little garden.  My husband picked two tiny red ripe cherry tomatoes and brought them to the kitchen Sunday afternoon as I was peeling the potatoes.  It was very sweet.  He washed them and gave me one and he ate the other!! What a guy!!

No comments: