Translate

9/17/11

Cinnadoodles a GREAT NEW COOKIE!

Cinnadoodles are what I call this cookie.
Yup. I made them and yes they are a big hit!! I am so happy.

We all love cinnamon and sugar around here and if you do too these are a great cookie for you. By far the cinnamon chips from King Arthur are the very best that I know of and would encourage you to give them a try.

Here is the ingredient list:

1/2 C. softened butter
1/2 C. coconut oil* (or other solid shortening,  example Crisco)
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 C. all purpose flour (I use King Arthur)
2 t. cream of tarter
1 t. soda
1/4 t. salt
16 Oz. cinnamon chips

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and prepare the baking pans with silpat mats or parchment paper.

Combine in a large mixing bowl the butter, coconut oil, sugar and eggs beating until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Turn the mixer to the lowest speed and gradually blend in the flour, cream of tarter, soda, and salt. Fold in the cinnamon chips.

Drop by teaspoons full onto the prepared pans. Use your fingers to push them into semi-uniform mounds. Bake for 9 minutes on the center rack of the oven. Let them sit a minute or two after you remove them from the oven before removing them from the pans to finish cooling.

Yield about 6 dozen cinnamon chip laced cookies that melt in your mouth!! They are for sure "do agains!!"

*Coconut oil is solid until 76 degrees so it looks just like regular shortening.  I selected the coconut oil because it has a different (medium chain) molecule and is supposed to increase your metabolism and it is supposed to NOT be stored in the body as fat, but burns as fuel readily.  As you may recall I am still on the diet.  These were for my binge day and boy are they good!!


4 comments:

P.j. said...

These look yummy--perfect for Fall!

Unknown said...

Thanks!! Emily is here and she gave them a giant thumbs up!! She just baked her first all by herself pie for dinner tonight. It came out beautifully!!! I will post it too.

Mary said...

Recipe looks great except for the coconut oil. I can't stand the taste of it. Since I never use it (except for soap making) do you know how to substitute for it?

I absolutely love cinnamon but coconut tastes about like rancid dishwater to me.

Unknown said...

You can substitute a solid shortening like Crisco for the coconut oil. I just used it because I am on this diet and it increases your metabolism and supposedly it does NOT get stored as fat but is burned more readily. I do not taste it in the cookie but my palate my not be as discriminating being I am a "cookie monster"!! I appreciate your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!! Do come again!!