Translate

9/27/11

Meat Loaf Supper

Black Pepper over Ketchup is my Favorite Meat Loaf Topper.
Before I went on this diet I was crazy about meatloaf sandwiches. Guess I'd better get over that!! (No  bread for me.)  I wanted a really flavorful moist but firm meatloaf so I decided to use dehydrated onions, and a lot of them for a super sweet onion flavor.

Here is what I put together for tonight's supper. There is 1/2 C of breadcrumbs to 2.5 pounds of beef so that seems like such a small ratio i thought I could get by with it.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 pounds of ground chuck
1 C. dehydrated onion flakes
2 t. kosher salt
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 C. bread crumbs
2 lg. eggs beaten
1 can undiluted condensed tomato soup

Mix all of these ingredients together well and form into a loaf. I like to make mine early in the day, form it , cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The flavors get a chance to meld together.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the meatloaf with a thin layer of ketchup and sprinkle with black pepper. 

Add about 2/3 C water to the bottom of the baking pan after you have placed the loaf in and covered it with the ketchup. Bake for 1 1/2 hours until done in the middle.

Remove from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes prior to cutting. Serve warm with additional ketchup as desired.

Tonight I am serving the meatloaf with baked yams and green peas. Brian gets apple pie too!! 
But none for me.
















No comments: