Translate

4/7/13

Super Sliders. The BEST EVER.

A platter of "Sliders" , chips, a big green salad, and an Angel Food cake!
This is a recipe I make over and over again,  Mike our middle son found the recipe and gave it to me in 2004.  I think it was a recipe that Alton Brown on "foodtv" featured and Mike took it down and passed it on to me.  It is sunny, in the 70's and our mood is picnic like!  I've got sweet tea and I am ready to go!

It is not hard and it cooks fast but there is a bit of prep work to it but it is well worth it.  The trick is the seasoning.  It is placed inside of the patty and it flavors it throughout.  That and rolling the meat out to a very thin sheet, placing the seasoning and folding the meat over on its self..  At any rate Mike asked me to fix sliders for Sunday night supper along with a big salad and an Angel Food cake,  I am happy to do so and it is nice not to have to come up with the menu for a change.

Ingredients for Sliders:

1 pound fresh ground chuck
1/2 t, onion powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 t. kosher salt
8 small rolls split (potato rolls or silver dollar rolls work well)
2-3 T, mayonnaise
condiments

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
Preheat the griddle to 350 degrees F.

I am making a double batch thus two dishes of seasoning!
Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and set aside.  

Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper.  Place the ground chuck in the center of the pan.  Cover securely with a large sheet of plastic wrap.  Start by using a rolling pin and roll the meat until it covers the surface of the pan.  It should be VERY thin.


I use a wooden spatula to push the meat around after starting with the rolling pin.  

Remove the plastic and sprinkle the seasoning even;y over the entire surface.

Carefully fold the meat in half, over on its self.  Ease the parchment off of the top half and press it together gently.  

Use a pizza cutter and cut the meat into 8 even squares.  I go back over it with a knife gently to even up the squares.

Wrap the buns in foil and place them in the oven to warm for 5-10 minutes.

Meanwhile place the sliders on the hot griddle and cook for 3 minutes per side.  Remove them to an oven proof platter and cover with foil.  Keep them warm in the oven until serving time.

Assemble the sliders on the buns and serve with condiments immediately.  Stand back 'cause these will be a hit!  I double the recipe and reuse the parchment making 2 batches.



2 comments:

doris said...

This sounds really good!
I think we will be giving this one a try.

Thanks for sharing!

Doris

doris said...

This sounds really good!
I think we will be giving this one a try.

Thanks for sharing!

Doris