Translate

10/15/12

Lazy Lasagna

Meaty four layer lasagne.
I am still not very energetic so I am opting for my Lazy version of Lasagna.   You do not boil the lasagna noodles and I like to make it the night before and let it sit covered in the refrigerator overnight before baking.  It seems to me the uncooked lasagna noodles absorb any extra liquid and it really makes for a meaty/cheesy dish without being runny.  Um um good!

Note:  I have used all types of Lasagne noodles for this recipe.  They all work if you assemble it the night before bake just prior to serving.

I  make a very large Lasagna in a 11" x 15" x 2" pan and either send second servings home with my guests or freeze for later.  This will yield 12 very large servings and I will have 6 for dinner, 4 servings to share, and 2 servings to keep for later in the week or freeze.   I LOVE double duty recipes!

Ingredients for Lazy Lasagna:

1  9 ounce box rolled flat lasagne noodles ( I use Barilla)
2 eggs
15 Oz. Ricotta cheese
8 Oz. Fresh Cherry Size Mozzarella
8 Oz. shredded Mozzarella
3/4 C. Parmesan Cheese Grated
2 pounds cooked and drained ground meat (Italian sausage, ground beef, chicken, turkey, venison, or a combination all work fine.)
2 jars spaghetti sauce or homemade ( I use about 7 C. sauce.)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees about 15 minutes before you plan to bake your lasagne.  Prepare the baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside while you assemble the recipe.

Beat together in a medium bowl the eggs then stir in the ricotta,   Add the fresh cherry size Mozzarella and 1/2 C. of the Parmesan Cheese then stir well to blend.

Layer the Lasagne as follows:

Spread 1 C. of the sauce evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.

Layer 4 sheets of the noodles, 1/3 of the Ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the cooked meat,  1 C. shredded Mozzarella, and 1 C. sauce.  Spread evenly covering all of the noodles.

Layer 4 noodles, 1/3 Ricotta mixture, and 1 1/2 C. sauce.

Layer 4 noodles,  the remaining Ricotta mixture, the remaining ground meat, and 1 C. of the sauce.

Layer 4 uncooked noodles, the remaining sauce, ( Use enough to be sure there are no dry edges and the layers are sealed.) the remaining shredded Mozzarella, and top with the last 1/4 C. of grated Parmesan Cheese.

Bake covered with foil for 1 hour until bubbly.  Remove the foil and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted.  Remove from the oven and let stand untouched for at least 15 minutes before cutting.  Cut and serve.

I like to put slices of French bread under the broiler slathered with butter, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese during the 15 minutes the Lasagne is resting.  Makes a great Sunday night supper with minimal work and little clean up.




2 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I love lasagne, and anything that saves two days of fixing (as my special recipe does) is worth trying! I will have to substitute the meat for either Quorn or extra veg as I am vegetarian, but I really like the sound of this! Thank you.

Unknown said...

I have made with vegetables too and it has always been good. Hope you like it lots!