Translate

11/15/12

"An Even Better Snicker Doodle"

BIG, Sweet, Chewy Snicker Doodles.
These are without a doubt the best Snicker Doodles I have ever tasted!  They will be my new standby. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try these.  Katie and I had previously made brown sugar Snicker Doodles, then there is my old standby recipe I have used for 40+ years  and love.  These are in between with part brown sugar and I must give them a try.  They are baking as I post this!!  I came across the recipe at lovintheoven.com and have adapted it just a bit to suite my family.  Yum, just tasted, crisp on the outside and chewy in the center.  Cookie love.

Ingredients for Best Ever Snicker Doodles"

1 C. softened butter
1 C. sugar
2/3 C. dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
3  C. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. soda
1/2 t. cream of tarter
1/2 C. sugar
4 t. cinnamon

Cream the butter and  sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.

Measure the flour, salt, soda, and cream of tarter onto a sheet of waxed paper and stir with a fork.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. 

Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.  Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and prepare the cookie sheets with parchment or silpat mats.

Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.

Take a heaping tablespoon of the chilled dough and roll it into a ball.  Toss it into the cinnamon and sugar and coat well.  Flatten a bit and place on the prepared sheet.  I made 6 to a pan as these are large cookies.  (Why have 2 little ones when you can have one big one I ask?)   Sprinkle just a bit more cinnamon and sugar on the tops and press to flatten a little.  Repeat for all of the cookies.

Bake 14 minutes and then let them sit in the pan 3-4 minutes after removing them from the oven.  They continue to develop  after leaving the oven.

When the cookies are cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.  They are a little moister than the traditional and a just a scootch sweeter.  I like they are chewy and less cake like.




Yield 26 large cookies.  Bet all of my Grandchildren will like these!

PS :  This is my 600th post on this blog.  I can't believe it.

No comments: