Translate

11/25/12

Lemon Cloud Rolls

Lemon Rolls
What a fun morning.  A big smile crossed my face as I sat down and noticed that the "Followers" tab on the blog reached 300 this morning and I want to thank you all so very much.  I am just tickled to death at the thought you enjoy reading my recipes, projects, musings and goings ons!  THANK YOU.

While visiting north of Indianapolis, in Fishers, Indiana I tasted and delighted in these light as a cloud, easy as pie, and very lemony sweet-tart rolls made with store bought or your own yeast roll dough.  If you are a lemon lover you may like these also.  I thought them especially good with a cup of hot tea.  I have adapted the recipe a bit but it was origionally found on a blog, creationsbykara.com by family.

Ingredients for Lemon Cloud Rolls:

12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold* or use your own yeast roll dough
* found in the freezer section at the grocery
zest of 1 lemon or grate a frozen lemon yielding about 1 tablespoon
1/4 - 1/2  C. sugar (use more if you prefer very sweet)
1 1/2 - 3 T. melted butter

Glaze:

1/4 - 1/2 C. powered sugar (used more if you like sweeter
1/2 - 1 T. lemon juice

Cut the thawed rolls in half and place in a buttered 9" x 13" pan. Drizzle with melted butter.  Mix lemon zest and sugar in a small bowl.  Sprinkle 1/2 of the lemon sugar over the rolls.  Cover and place in a warm place to raise until doubled, about 1 hour. 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.   Sprinkle with the remaining lemon sugar over the tops of the rolls and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Remove the pan from the oven.  Combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the rolls before serving.

Yield 12 lemon rolls.


The twins and I made chocolate chip cookies while I was visiting and this little snap warms my heart so I thought I would share it this morning with you!  It makes me remember all of the great fun with my granddaughters, now teens, when they were little, baking too.



No comments: