Translate

11/9/12

Anise Biscotti a mix from King Arthur Flour

I have had this package of mix for a good while.  It may have been a gift from my sister who knows I love King Arthur Flour and have liked every product I have ever ordered from them.  Anyway, I have never made a Biscotti from a mix before but why not, especially one from King Arthur, it is bound to be good.

Note:  Most traditional Biscotti recipes do not call for any oil or fat and are a bit harder even than this recipe.  I would call this an American style Biscotti as it really seems to be in line with them.

Simple to mix up with a fork.  2 eggs, 3 T. oil , and 1 T. water stirred up with the mix in about a minute.  Makes a nice dough,  just a little sticky but easy to form into a 12" x 3" log and place on a sheet of parchment.  Baked at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and cooled for 10 and sliced into 1/2" cookies.   Then place slices cut side down back on parchment and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.  Cool and store in an airtight container until time to dunk into my morning coffee and enjoy!

Yields about 2 dozen cookies.
*Note,  if your local market does not carry King Arthue products or only a limited selection you can order from kingarthurflour.com and they also have a wonderful catalog for mail order.

No comments: