Translate

7/30/13

Coordinating Denium Border Print Fabrics and Trims for the Next Gift Tote

This looks like a great border print to use for a little girl.
This "Saucy Lass" will be setting the pace for the next gift bag I am making.  I found this piece of dark blue denim border print amongst my treasure of fabrics.  Actually I was able to tear into 4 equal widths so there will be enough to repeat or make a pillow or something another day.

This light weight cotton in blue with white and red will make a perfect lining and after I tore an appropriate width it was deep enough to tear off about an inch and get both pieces for the inside of the bag.  My dilemma is the strapping material.  I love the "cute" effect of the woven hearts but thinking about the strength and longevity of it.

The hearts add a sweetness to this combination.
In the past I have sewn 2 pieces of trim, ribbon, or such exactly together to double the strength to use for strapping and I may need to do that here.

It is late in the day but I have started.  More tomorrow.

No comments: