Translate

7/4/13

"Molly Muffins" Dog Snacks for Our Girl

This made 3 1/2 dozen treats.
Every once in a while I get busy and make Molly's treats as I often shudder when remembering the recalls of pet foods.  And yes, I bought some of the "bad" stuff in my ignorance.  Not sure I am much smarter now but I have learned a few things.  No chocolate and no raisins come to mind.  But I still hold if it can easily be pronounced it is less a danger whether it is what we or our pets are eating!

Molly posing for  a picture today.
There are several doggie treats I have made and shared.  This is a new one and is easily made in mini muffin tins with no rolling and cutting.  I thought these smelled great baking and Molly liked them just fine.  I warned her if she didn't I would send them to Oreo so you know she loved them!!

If you don't want to roll and cut these are just the ticket for treats in a snap!
The most difficult part of this little project was getting her to pose for a coupe of snaps!  She was just like a kid.  No cooperation, just wiggles!  But we worked it out, now everybody is happy!

Ingredients for Molly* Muffins Dog Snacks:

1 1/3 C. apple juice
1 large egg
2 T. vegetable oil
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 C. chopped apple
1/2 t. salt
1 1/4 C. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 C. all purpose flour
1/2 C. uncooked oats
1/2 t. baking soda
2 T. orange zest or dried peel
1 t. cinnamon
2 t. instant or rapid rise yeast

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.   Grease well mini muffin pans or use baking spray then set aside.

Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.   Fill each mini muffin cup 3/4 full of the prepared batter.

Bake 28-30 minutes.  Remove from the oven and cool.  Store in an airtight container.

Look at her go, chomp chomp!  I get a kick out of watching her when I make her the treats!  Gotta love this!

Note: * This recipe was adapted from Gourmet Dog Biscuits by Sondra Macdonald.


1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

End of lease cleaning Sydney
BBQ cleaning