Translate

7/7/13

Corn Dog Bites

These were yummy and the kids just gobbled them down,  me too!
This is one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments!  My Granddaughter Katie is a Nathan's hot dog lover and hubby loves Ball Park franks.  Both LOVE corn dogs and I think everyone else has a healthy "like" of them.  When I saw a photograph of these on Pinterest I didn't need to look any further to know that I should have thought of this!!

So.....I have dusted off my mini muffin tins and gathered the Jiffy corn bread mix from the pantry.  (My daughter-in-law loves Jiffy corn bread.)  And I am making these "snackers" for this afternoon as we are expecting family in. 

Ingredients for Corn Dog Bites:

2 boxes Jiffy corn bread mix, make according to package directions, or make your favorite variety.
1 package Nathan's hot dogs or dogs of your choice. plus 1 more hot dog
2 T. oil
condiments

Preheat the oven per the package or recipe directions.  Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray or grease well and set aside.  Cut the hot dogs into fourths and saute them in hot oil over medium heat until lightly browned.

Place a section of hot dog into each mini muffin cup and spoon cornbread batter over it to 3/4 fill.  Bake as directed on the package or in the recipe.  I would trim about 5-7 minutes off of the time and check as these will be smaller than regular muffins and therefore bake more quickly.   Mine baked 8-10 minutes.

Serve warm with mustard, relish, ketchup, or any other things your family enjoys.  Yield 3 dozen mini corn dog muffins with no frying mess!

1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

End of lease cleaning Sydney
BBQ cleaning