Translate

7/18/13

Nachos with Fresh Corn, Tomatoes, and Peppers

Corn chips, beef, peppers, cheese, corn, and tomatoes married up for a quick and easy supper.
Easy, and the sweetness of the corn and tomatoes and spice from the peppers made a fresh and flavorful supper.  Brian really liked this a lot and it made use of my on hand pickled peppers from last summer as well as the 2 remaining ears of corn on hand. You can easily design this dish around whatever you like and have on hand as long as you have some really good melting cheese!

Ingredients for Corn, Tomato, and Peppers Nachos: 

Corn chips
Shredded cheese
Pickled or fresh sliced peppers
Seasoned taco meat and/or beans (whatever you like chicken, beef, or pork)
Corn sliced from ears or drained fresh
Chopped fresh tomato
Diced onion, optional
Taco sauce or hot sauce, optional
Cooking spray

I did not give amounts as this is more a do what you like in the quantities and build these nachos to suit yourself guide or suggestion.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Spray a large flat oven proof dish or pan well with cooking spray.

Spread corn ships across the bottom of the pan.  Sprinkle generously with an easy melting cheese of your liking.  Top the cheese with sliced peppers.  Layer with meat and or beans.  Sprinkle with the corn and another layer of peppers and cheese.

Bake 10-15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and slide onto serving dishes.  Top with diced onions and tomatoes.  Serve hot and pass the  sauce.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you used white corn chips or the flavoured corn chips? What a coincidence my friend just posted that they had nachos last night for dinner. Have a great week

Unknown said...

I just used plain this time but actually I just use whatever is handy!! Love all varieties of corn chips! You have a great weekend too. Next week I sew!!

Mom2fur said...

Wow, that looks good! Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. Please don't feel bad my comment about the baby bibs was deleted. I think there's an evil Cybergnome that does stuff like that.
Just having someone reply to one of my comments or to visit my blog makes me very happy!

Unknown said...

Me too!! Thanks.