Translate

7/13/13

Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad a Recipe from My Sister Linda

Chocked full of delicious crisp vegetables, whole wheat pasta, with the surprise sweetness of mandarin oranges, and topped with salted peanuts.  It is a salad adventure.
If you have been a reader of this blog you may recall I have been blessed and I do mean blessed with the two most wonderful  sisters anyone could ever dream of.   Linda is 5 years my junior and Sheree is 10 years and the youngest of our family.  I have an equally wonderful brother,  Gary two years younger than I am who just might be the best cook in the family. 

Linda's recipe and note.
Last week Linda sent me this recipe after having told me of it a few weeks earlier and agreeing to send it to me.  She is right.  It is delicious!  Here is my adaptation of her recipe.

The oranges are a sweet surprise.
Ingredients for Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad:

8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta or spaghetti
2 C. cooked and cubed chicken breast (I used the breast saved from last weeks chicken and noodles)
1 1/2 C. coleslaw mix
1 , 11 ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
1 sweet red bell pepper julienned
1 C. fresh sugar snap pears, trimmed and halved
1 sliced green onions with tops
1/4 t. salt
2/3 C.Asian Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing  (I used Ken's reduced fat)
1/4 C. salted peanuts

Cook the pasta per the package directions then drain and rinse in cold water to cool.  Drain well and set aside.  Using a large bowl combine the vegetables, chicken, and fruit. Sprinkle with salt and mix.

Salted peanuts for crunch and bottles dressing for ease.
Add the drained pasta, salad dressing and toss to coat.  Sprinkle peanuts across the top.  Garnish if desired with toasted sesame seeds.  Yield 8 servings.

No comments: